the ablution block

13 December 2005

Oh Baby, I'm Dreaming of Wednesday...

Fritha's somewhere between Tokyo and Wellington. Let's hope the fog steers clear tomorrow and she can bring herself and my baby home. And a nice bottle of single malt.

This last week, we've been lucky enough to have a bunch of calm humid days with misty mornings and clar afternoons. All this perfect weather and Fritha has not been here to enjoy it with me. Wendy and I have made the most of it though; plenty of walks and a bit of time in the sea for Wendy (it's too cold for me, even though I was in earlier than this the last couple of years). When we arrived back from the shop today, the water was oily smooth and the moon was just a slither short of full.

Today I wished that I had the camera. I saw a japanese couple, with their cute little baby, paddling in the sea. Their shoes were lined up in a way that suggested a hint of obsessive compulsive disorder - it was picture perfect. And then there was the glassy harbour and the rising dark mist out in the Cook Strait - more pics.

No pictures today though... it's all going on in my mind, and Fritha's there too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home