the ablution block

29 July 2008

Beer Matching Dinner, Invercargill

A democratic order of preference, from left to right, and an excellent showing from the only local beer - a Twisted Hop Epiphany (not sure if this bottle was last years vintage, now knowns as Enigma, or the first one from 2006). The two Russian Imperial Stouts weren't up to the mark - soy sauce to the left and glue to the right).

From left to right: Rogue Imperial IPA, Twisted Hop Epiphany, Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar, Murray's Grand Cru, Struise Pannepot Reserva, Westvleteren 12, Struise-Mikkeller Elliot Brew, Eugene City Honey Orange Wheat, Harvey's Imperial Extra Double Stout, Invercargill tap water, Durham Temptation.

The next day I brewed 1200L of my favourite recipe, with my favourite New Zealand brewer - Steve Nally of Invercargill Brewery. My ratebeer days are over, it ain't right to be brewing and rating.

Coming soon - Yeastie Boy's 'Pot Kettle Black' American-style porter...

Posted by Picasa

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Temptation isn't up to much, Like I txted I haven't had my bottle of Harveys yet, which year was it? ]

    I will give you a nip of Merchant 07 next time I see you, I think its rather good.

    By Blogger Kieran Haslett-Moore, at 11:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home