the ablution block

22 December 2005

Mistletoe and wine?

It's more likely to be sand and beer, around our house this christmas. The famous Wellington wind is blowing up a sandstorm and Christmas always involves a few ales, for me.

Today is my last day of work before a whole 17 days off. My longest break in a few years. Boy am I looking forward to it. Got some great little presents for the family. Fritha and I splashed out and bought Maryrose Crook's 'Eighth Layer of the Heart', for ourselves.

Tomorrow is Fritha's last day of "work"... ever? She's well and truly experiencing the third trimester now. This period, through until a month or two after birth, will be the make-or-break period as to whether she'll ever want another baby (or whether I will for that matter).

And, back to the subject of Wellington's wind, some good news from the back-blocks... it's all go for the windfarm. I think it's time that the nimby residents of Makara get back to what they do best, which is anything other than complaining on my morning radio show. These guys would rather we burn coal, anywhere else, than harness the wind in their little gully. I wonder if there were ever any discussions on agreements about noise and free power?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home